Aon is currently seeking a Client Manager to join the Credit Solutions team based in either London or Chelmsford.
About the role
As a Client Manager your key responsibilities will include working as part of a multi-skilled broking team, whilst supporting the Client Directors in the strategic management of our global client relationships, as well as maintaining ownership of your portfolio of clients. Furthermore, you will be interacting with Clients, Insurers and colleagues on day to day policy management including:
- The management of the credit limit process and supporting clients on reporting of overdue buyers and liaising with insurers.
- Assisting with claims submissions and claims’ broking process.
- Negotiation of policy wordings with insurers and ensuring timely delivery of accurate policy documentation and providing clients with training and guidance on policy terms and conditions.
- Managing policy renewals within your own portfolio and supporting Client Directors on the renewal process for strategic accounts.
- Gathering and analysing relative statistical detail, submissions to market, chasing insurers for indications of cover, presenting terms and preparation of renewal reports.
- Preparation for, and attendance of, client and insurer meetings plus timely follow up of meeting notes and actions.
- Providing advice to clients on market developments and share knowledge of market trends to enhance the overall value proposition.
- Introducing and supporting the team on new business opportunities to achieve set objectives.
- Liaising with colleagues across the Aon global network on Global Client programmes.
- Responsible for adherence to business processes, systems and procedures (including usage of e.g. applicable client service model, applicable insurer online platforms) and Aon insurer security policies where relevant.
- Working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Client Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Experience of credit insurance, credit management or related sector a requirement
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office and IT systems
What we’re looking for in you:
- An enthusiastic and innovative team player
- Ability to handle significant workflow through efficient time management and organisation
- Ability to use IT systems to efficiently to deliver client service
- Self-motivated and willing to use own initiative
- Ability to find creative solutions to new problems as they arise
- Integrity and working in a way that positively impacts our clients, colleagues and communities
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
To apply email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIG’s underwriters develop insurance solutions that address the exposures of companies and individuals, and embody AIG’s tradition of innovation, bringing to market ground-breaking insurance solutions for our changing world. AIG’s underwriters help to find insurance solutions for risks from a range of areas including life insurance, aviation, financial lines, casualty, environmental, catastrophic events, high net worth individuals, and boardroom liabilities.
As a senior member of staff you are respected for your deep technical expertise and ability to win profitable new business.
You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk mind-set. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
- Strategic New business Non-Cancellable Risk Underwriting / a key new business underwriting function.
- Underwriting large /and often complex new business submissions for Strategic and Multi- National business.
- Supporting new business pitches with New Business Underwriters often taking a lead role.
- Analysing domestic and international corporate credits, evaluating financial information, and recommending or approving appropriate credit limits.
- Ongoing pro-active interaction with brokers and prospects to discuss attractive new business submissions, thereby demonstrating a co-operative approach to winning business.
- Working with new business developers, Technical UW’s and Risk officers to actively promote and win opportunities.
- Ongoing daily workflow management of Business Development Underwriting Team and suggestions to improve expected.
- Meeting internal operational and audit directives for the division.
- Responsibility for management reporting with regards to new business data and statistics.
- Effective On-boarding of successful new business cases to the Account Management Team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years Trade Credit Risk underwriting experience preferred.
- Ability to write Non-Cancellable limits.
- Experience in pitching(or supporting) New Business or account retention to Strategic Customers.
- Qualified candidates should have a background in credit or financial analysis.
- Results orientated with an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Organised and energetic.
- Able to work and excel in high pressure situations.
- Able to prioritize, manage and delegate high workload.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Solid organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages and Salesforce.
- Team player with a can-do attitude and winning mind-set.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to Wesley Bates (email@example.com). For more information, call 0208 680 7253.